Sex In a Pan – it’s a crazy name for a dessert and no one’s really sure where the name comes from, but it’s the BEST dessert you’ll ever have and it is great for any occasion.
This version is keto, sugar-free, low carb & gluten-free, so it’s a delicious way to indulge. Layers of cheesecake and creamy chocolate pudding, with a chocolate cookie crust.
It’s quite a satisfying dessert and a great way to end any meal. And don’t worry about it looking perfect with perfect layers, this dessert is not about that. It will look sloppy with all the layers but it really is love at first bite.
Low Carb Keto Sex In a Pan
It’s quite a satisfying dessert and a great way to end any meal.
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a 9x9" baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, and salt. Add the melted butter and water and stir until the mixture begins to clump together.
- Press the mixture Press evenly into the lined baking pan and bake about 15 minutes, or until golden and just firm to the touch. Set aside to cool.
Cream Cheese Layer:
- While the crust is baking, make the cream cheese layer. Use a hand mixer to beat the cream, vanilla extract, and powdered erythritol together, until stiff peaks form. Gradually beat in the softened cream cheese, a bit at a time, until well combined.
- Once the crust has cooled, spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over it.
Chocolate Pudding Layer:
- While the crust is cooling, make the chocolate pudding layer.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine almond milk, whipping cream and sweetener. Bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sweetener.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Slowly whisk about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the yolks to temper. Then slowly whisk tempered yolks back into the saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and sprinkle the surface with the xanthan gum, whisking vigorously to combine. Whisk in the cocoa powder and cook until thickened, about 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from heat, then whisk in the vanilla extract and butter pieces. Whisk until smooth.
- Cool the chocolate pudding for 15 minutes and then spread over cheesecake layer. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
Whipped Cream Topping:
- Use a hand mixer to beat the cream with sweetener and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Spread the whipped cream over the chocolate layer. Dust with cocoa powder (this works best through a fine sieve). Use a vegetable peeler or cheese slicer to shave chocolate over top.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 more hours (or as long as needed until serving) to fully set.