One of the best things to add to a hot, fluffy biscuit is a sweet jam. This easy to make low carb keto strawberry jam with chia seed is the perfect addition to your next breakfast!
I’ve used chia seeds to thicken quite a lot of stuff – pudding, yogurt, sauces. But, this stuff is so. freaking. delicious. I mean I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be eating strawberry jam, but I must say that this is a great day! Who would have thought that you could make your own jam and it would only be 0.6g of net carbs per tablespoon? I thought that the stuff in the store was doing good with the only 1g per tbsp.
Making sugar free strawberry jam is easy-peasy and ready in just 10 minutes! This recipe is so fruity and naturally sweet you’ll wonder why you ever bought jam in a store.
Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries are low sugar when it comes to fruit. They’re low carb, and when eaten in moderation can be a flavorful addition to your diet. Moreover, they’re even better when you can get fresh ones from your garden or farmer’s market in summer!
To make keto strawberry jam you’ll need :
Keto Strawberry Jam
- In a small saucepan, put the strawberries sliced into small cubes (the bigger the cubes, the bigger the remaining pieces in the jam will be. So, if you don’t want a lumpy jam, try to make these relatively small), xylitol and vanilla if using over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking down the strawberries with your spoon.
- Remove from heat once the strawberries are to your liking - you can leave them a little chunkier, or break them down completely.
- Stir in the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Check the thickness, and if necessary add another 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. It will thicken a little further upon refrigeration.
- After about 15 minutes, your jam will be ready! You can eat some now or store it in a small
jam jar. Enjoy!
Are you interested in keto dessert recipes?
- Best Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Best Keto Strawberry Cake
- Best Keto Crepes
- World’s Best Keto Brownies
- Best Easy Keto Chocolate Waffles