One of the best things to add to a hot, fluffy biscuit is a sweet jam. This easy to make low carb keto strawberry jam with chia seed is the perfect addition to your next breakfast!
I’ve used chia seeds to thicken quite a lot of stuff – pudding, yogurt, sauces. But, this stuff is so. freaking. delicious. I mean I never thought I’d see the day where I’d be eating strawberry jam, but I must say that this is a great day! Who would have thought that you could make your own jam and it would only be 0.6g of net carbs per tablespoon? I thought that the stuff in the store was doing good with the only 1g per tbsp.
Making sugar free strawberry jam is easy-peasy and ready in just 10 minutes! This recipe is so fruity and naturally sweet you’ll wonder why you ever bought jam in a store.
Strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries are low sugar when it comes to fruit. They’re low carb, and when eaten in moderation can be a flavorful addition to your diet. Moreover, they’re even better when you can get fresh ones from your garden or farmer’s market in summer!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
To make keto strawberry jam you’ll need :
Are you interested in keto dessert recipes?
- Best Keto Strawberry Cheesecake
- Best Keto Strawberry Cake
- Best Keto Crepes
- World’s Best Keto Brownies
- Best Easy Keto Chocolate Waffles
Keto Strawberry Jam
- In a small saucepan, put the strawberries sliced into small cubes (the bigger the cubes, the bigger the remaining pieces in the jam will be. So, if you don’t want a lumpy jam, try to make these relatively small), xylitol and vanilla if using over medium heat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally and breaking down the strawberries with your spoon.
- Remove from heat once the strawberries are to your liking - you can leave them a little chunkier, or break them down completely.
- Stir in the lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Check the thickness, and if necessary add another 1/2 - 1 tablespoon of chia seeds. It will thicken a little further upon refrigeration.
- After about 15 minutes, your jam will be ready! You can eat some now or store it in a small
jam jar. Enjoy!
NutritionPer Serving (1 tbsp): Calories 5; Fats 0.58g, Net Carbs 0.65g, Protein 0.35g
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! If you make a purchase through the link, it won’t cost you more but I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I personally use and love!
Did you make this Keto Strawberry Jam recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lazy_girl_tips
Leave a comment, rate it, pin it, share it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lazy_girl_tips on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!