This Flourless Keto Chocolate Cake is my absolute go-to cake. This is the best low-carb flourless chocolate cake we make for all special occasions and I’m so happy to share this with you. It is the perfect low carb, gluten free, grain cake out there and it tastes amazing!
It is chocolate, pure and simple. With a little help from eggs and butter, this flourless chocolate cake never disappoints.
Chocolate flourless cakes are low carber’s best friend. Omitting flour completely in these dense, rich low carb cake recipes eliminate gluten and cut carbs drastically!
Throw chocolate into the mix and you’ve got yourself a decadent dessert to impress even the biggest chocoholic.
This easy Keto flourless cake could be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Keto Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe:
- 12 oz dark chocolate – chopped
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 5 tbsp double/heavy cream
- 1 cup Swerve or powdered erythritol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, melt the butter in a small pot, then combine both. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the vanilla extract.
- Separate the eggs and put the yolks and whites in separate bowls. Add salt to the egg whites and beat with a mixer until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Add vanilla to the egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- In another bowl beat the cream and sweetener together for 3-4 minutes (use a stick blender or hand whisk). It will go frothy and remain runny.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the egg yolks and mix well and add heavy cream. Fold in the egg whites. Keep folding just until you can’t see any white streaks from the egg whites.
- Slowly add the egg mixture to the chocolate mixture in the saucepan, stirring all the time. As you add more egg mixture, the chocolate and butter will thicken to the consistency of custard.
- Pour into prepared tin. Grease a loose bottom cake tin with butter then line the loose bottom with baking paper and push through the outer ring so the baking paper adds a seal and stops the cake mixture from leaking.
- Bake at 180C/ 350F for 20 – 30 minutes, or more depending on your oven. Bake until it is just set in the center, do not overcook the cake.
Photo credit: Vegan Food (Flickr)