Healthy Keto Mug Brownies don’t get better than this! This easy 1-minute mug brownie recipe is a low carb game changer. It takes practically no time to make, it’s legitimately as delicious as the “real” thing, and it only has 3 net carbs!
These Keto Mug Brownies are made with just 8 ingredients and are a fantastic low-carb dessert. Yes, you can follow a low-carb diet and still satisfy your chocolate cravings! This no-fuss flourless brownie recipe calls for macadamia nuts, baker’s chocolate, eggs, coconut oil, erythritol, stevia, salt, and baking soda.
These Keto Mug Brownies are made in the microwave, and so because all of our microwaves are completely different, it may take a little experimentation to get the cooking time just right.
The recipe shown is for 1 large coffee cup size mug cake. If you prefer, you may divide the low carb mug cake mixture between 2 smaller cups but ensure you reduce the cooking time from 1 minute to 40-50 seconds. Cooking time will depend on YOUR microwave.
Serve with full-fat cream and berries for a real treat. Why not make a huge batch of them and serve on a tray warm to friends? Heck, even pour a little brandy over them or add brandy to the whipped cream for a grown-up indulgence. Leave a comment below as to how you ‘tweeked’ my recipe.
Low Carb Keto Mug Brownie Essentials
- First and foremost, get yourself some of these low carb chocolate chips to make your brownie with! They’re so good.
- I recommend going with this sugar substitute because it has 0 net carbs and 0 calories.
- You’ll also want to use a quality coconut flour.
- Speaking of coconut, make sure you got some coconut oil.
- Also, you’ll definitely need some unsweetened cocoa powder too.
- As always, I use a food scale to weigh-out all my ingredients to the gram. I recommend you do the same.
Keto Mug Brownie Recipe
- 2 Tsps (6g) Coconut Flour
- 1 Tbsp (7g) Lily’s chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp (16g) granulated sweetener of choice or more, to your taste
- 1½ Tbsps (7g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ Tsp Baking powder
- ½ Tsp Baking soda
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg white OR whole egg
- ½ Tbsp Greek yogurt (10g)
- Lightly grease a small microwave-safe cereal bowl or oven-safe ramekin with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your egg white, milk of choice and chocolate chunks and mix until a thick batter is formed. If the mixture is too thick (it will most likely be), continue to add milk, one tablespoon at a time, until a thick batter remains.
- If using a microwave, microwave in 30-second intervals until desired texture is achieved (I usually get the best texture at 55 seconds). If using an oven, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out ‘just clean’ from the center.