Healthy Keto Mug Brownies don’t get better than this! This easy 1-minute mug brownie recipe is a low carb game changer. It takes practically no time to make, it’s legitimately as delicious as the “real” thing.
These Keto Mug Brownies are made with just 8 ingredients and are a fantastic low-carb dessert. Yes, you can follow a low-carb diet and still satisfy your chocolate cravings! This no-fuss mug brownie recipe calls for coconut flour, low carb chocolate chips, eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and baking powder.
These Keto Mug Brownies are made in the microwave, and so because all of our microwaves are completely different, it may take a little experimentation to get the cooking time just right.
The recipe shown is for 1 large coffee cup size mug cake. If you prefer, you may divide the low carb mug cake mixture between 2 smaller cups but ensure you reduce the cooking time from 1 minute to 40-50 seconds. Cooking time will depend on YOUR microwave.
Serve with full-fat cream and berries for a real treat. Why not make a huge batch of them and serve on a tray warm to friends? Heck, even pour a little brandy over them or add brandy to the whipped cream for a grown-up indulgence. Leave a comment below as to how you ‘tweeked’ my recipe.
Low Carb Keto Mug Brownie Essentials
- First and foremost, get yourself some of these low carb chocolate chips to make your brownie with! They’re so good.
- I recommend going with this sugar substitute because it has 0 net carbs and 0 calories.
- You’ll also want to use a quality coconut flour.
- Speaking of coconut, make sure you got some coconut oil.
- Also, you’ll definitely need some unsweetened cocoa powder too.
Keto Mug Brownie Recipe:
- 1 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flour (I use this brand) or 3 Tbsp Almond Flour (I use this brand)
- 1 Tbsp Lily’s chocolate chips, I use this brand
- 1 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, I use this brand
- ½ Tsp Baking powder, I use this brand
- ½ Tsp Vanilla extract, optional (for vanilla cake option), I use this brand
- 1 Egg white OR whole egg
- 1-2 tbsp granulated sweetener, I use this brand, optional
- Lightly grease a small microwave-safe cereal bowl or oven-safe ramekin with coconut oil or cooking spray and set aside.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all your dry ingredients and mix well. Add your beaten egg (white or whole), butter, and chocolate chunks and mix until a thick batter is formed.
- If using a microwave, microwave in 30-second intervals until desired texture is achieved (I usually get the best texture at 55 seconds) being sure not to overcook. If you overcook it, it will be dry. If using an oven, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 12-15 minutes, or until a skewer comes out ‘just clean’ from the center.