This breakfast tastes so indulgent it’s hard to believe it’s nutrient-packed and healthy! The creamy coconut milk balances out the rich bitterness of the cacao powder and you can adjust the natural sweetener content to suit your taste buds.
Chia seeds are the main event here with their high protein and fiber content they are great to work into a keto diet. They are loaded with antioxidants, plant-based protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. (So much fiber, in fact, that there is only one “net carb” per one-ounce serving!)
Low-Carb Chocolate Chia Pudding Recipe:
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds, whole or ground (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1/4 cup Coconut milk or Heavy whipping cream (60 ml/ 2 fl oz)
- 1/2 cup water or Almond milk (120 ml/ 4 fl oz)
- 1 Tbsp Cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 Tbsp Swerve, powdered, or another healthy low-carb sweetener from this list (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
- 5-10 drops Stevia extract
- 1/3 cup Raspberries
- Place all the ingredients (except raspberries) in a bowl or jar and mix well.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 10 minutes (or overnight).
- Top with the raspberries and enjoy.