Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites – Keto Lamingtons are homemade white cake dipped in decadent chocolate and rolled in coconut. Who doesn’t love a lamington?
This Australian classic is a favorite of many. If you are looking for an Australian dessert, keto lamingtons are sure to be a hit! This is keto version with no sugar, no added grain flour or any other carby ingredient. These are low-carb, sugar-free tea-time and guilt-free lamingtons!
Low Carb Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites – Keto Lamingtons Recipe:
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 6 tbsp xylitol
- 4 free-range eggs
- ¾ cup of coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2½ cups almond flour, I use this brand
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup coconut flour, I use this brand
- 4 tbsp xylitol
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- Preheat the oven 170C / 338F and line a 20 cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- To make the sponge, separate the eggs into two large bowls. Whisk together the egg yolks, vanilla extract, xylitol, and salt until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the coconut flour, vanilla extract, almond flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the cream of tartar to the egg whites and using beaters or a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the egg yolks and whisk until smooth. Add the melted butter and mix to incorporate evenly.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites, a quarter of the whites at a time. Fold as gently as you can to preserve the air and create a fluffy sponge.
- Gently spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Icing and Assembly:
- For the syrup, mix the xylitol, cream of tartar, cocoa and boiling water together in a saucepan over medium to high heat. Stir continuously and boil for two minutes. Add the butter and vanilla and stir to create a smooth paste. Turn down the heat so you’re just keeping the syrup warm.
- On a separate plate, spread out the desiccated coconut. Roll each rectangle of sponge in icing and then in coconut, ensuring the coconut is thoroughly covering the icing.
- Keep refrigerated and enjoy!
Per serving: Calories 121, Total Fat 20g; Total Carbs 8g; Sodium 65g; Protein 6g;
If you like this recipe share it with your friends and (..of course..) pin it for later. 🙂