Delicious, rich and creamy, with all the ingredients you love in an easy banana split, this no-bake Banana Split dessert will be one you make again and again.
This creamy Banana Split dessert is a family favorite!
Summer is quickly approaching and that means picnics, BBQs, potlucks, and family get-togethers are almost upon us.
You’ve probably wondered before any of these occasions:
What should I bring?
What is easy and quick to make but still super delicious?
And, more importantly, when it’s hot outside, the last thing you want to do is crank up your oven and sweat it out in the kitchen!
No-bake? Easy to make but still super delicious?
I can’t think of a better one for summer with all of the grillin’ and chillin’ that goes on. Once you make this delicious, rich, creamy, and no-bake banana split dessert, you will make it again and again……
Most importantly – it’s entirely no-bake. Absolutely no oven time is required, which makes it perfect for the summer when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen, and also perfect for when you need a quick dessert that you can throw together in very little time. Poof! Done!
Banana Split Dessert Recipe:
|Prep Time: 30 minutes|
|Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes|
Delicious, rich and creamy, with all the ingredients you love in a banana split, this no-bake Banana Split dessert will be one you make again and again.
|• 1 stick of butter, melted|
|• 1 box of graham cracker crumbs|
|• 1 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened|
|• 1/4 cups butter, softened|
|• 2 cups powdered sugar, or to taste|
|• 4 bananas, sliced|
|• 1 (20 oz) canned crushed pineapple, drained|
|• 1 (16 ounces) container Cool-Whip, thawed, or 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream|
|• 1 (4 ounces) jar of maraschino cherries, stemmed|
|• 1 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped|
|• hot fudge sauce, slightly warmed|
|• 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles|
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Firmly press into a crust in the bottom of a 9×13 glass or porcelain dish, and let it chill in the freezer for about 10 minutes to firm up.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, 1/4 cups butter, and the powdered sugar until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Don’t be tempted to add milk, it will take a few minutes, but the mixture will blend up perfectly!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled graham cracker crust.
- Add a layer of sliced bananas over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread pineapple chunks evenly over the bananas.
- Evenly spread the Cool-Whip over the pineapple-banana layer using a rubber spatula.
- Garnish with the pecans/walnuts and maraschino cherries.
- Drizzle the chocolate fudge over the dessert and then sprinkle the rainbow sprinkles over the surface.
- Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting to allow the layers to set.
[bs_icon name=”glyphicon glyphicon-file”] Notes
Tip: You can use fresh whipped cream in place of the Cool Whip, both for the filling and the topping. If you do, plan on only keeping the leftovers for up to 2 days, as the fresh whipped cream will become watery as it sits in the refrigerator.
If you like this recipe you can try these other easy no-bake delicious dessert recipes:
- No-Bake Cherry Cheesecake Lush Dessert
- No-Bake Chocolate Lasagna – Ultimate Chocolate Lover’s Treat
- Easy No-Bake Dessert Recipe – Strawberry Tiramisu
- Easy No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Lasagna
Friday 22nd of July 2022
I enjoy baking so much
Tuesday 11th of February 2020
Just like I remember it from the 1970's. A recipe that my friend's mom clipped from the Houston chronicle and been making it ever since!
Monday 8th of July 2019
Such a heavenly dessert. It was a huge hit at my 4th of July party and I will definitely be making it again for other occasions. I think I used too much graham crackers so the crust was a bit crumbly. I thought the pineapples would be weird but they definitely add so much deliciousness to it but they did overpower the bananas so I would add more bananas. Amazing recipe.
Saturday 25th of May 2019
This looks great! Just trying this now... how much is in one stick of butter? 1/4 cup? (just have a regular pkg butter)
Sunday 26th of May 2019
Hi, thanks for your comment. 1 stick or 1/2 cup butter is equal to 4 ounces, or 113 grams. :)
Wednesday 27th of March 2019
I see no colored sprinkles in the photos???
Thursday 28th of March 2019
It is optional. If you want a colorful cake you can use it but it is not necessary. :)