Delicious and healthy Low Carb Keto Carrot Mug Cake that you can make in the microwave, in less than 5 minutes, is perfect sugar-free dessert when you are on your ketogenic diet. This carrot mug cake recipe is really easy to make. It’s soft, delightfully moist, looks great and tastes even better!
If you like carrot cake, desserts, or if you are on a keto diet, you need to try this recipe!
It’s up to you if you want to add cream cheese frosting as well, but I highly recommend it! It makes the keto mug cake super moist and delicious and you can’t even tell anymore that you’re eating a keto-friendly cake.
Keep this single serving mug cake in mind the next time you’re looking for a dessert just for one!
Keto Carrot Mug Cake Recipe:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup / 100g shredded/grated carrot
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp double/heavy cream
- 3/4 cup / 75g almond flour or ground almonds, I use this brand
- 10 g / small handful walnuts, crushed
- 2 tbsp powdered erythritol, I use this brand
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice / mixed spice
- 1 tsp baking powder, I use this brand
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 tbsp full-fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp powdered erythritol, I use this brand
- Mix your dry ingredients – almond flour, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, baking powder, powdered erythritol, and crushed walnut pieces.
- Add the wet ingredients- grated carrot, melted butter, double/heavy cream.
- Fill the carrot cake batter into 2 well-greased ramekins (I used melted butter) or 1 pyrex glass bowl and microwave 5 minutes at 800W (or 6 minutes at 700W).
- Turn upside down onto a plate and serve with cream cheese frosting (cream cheese mixed with powdered erythritol). Decorate with more crushed walnuts and grated carrot. Or eat straight from the ramekin!
You can make this Keto carrot cake WITH AND WITHOUT EGG. If you choose to omit the egg, add an additional 1 tbsp of double/heavy cream. You won’t be able to turn it out onto a plate – just eat it straight from the bowl/mug.
If you don’t have pumpkin / mixed spice, sub with 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 tsp nutmeg and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
If you want to bake the cake in the oven, try 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit around 15 minutes. I have not tried this myself yet, but it’s what I would go for. If you bake it as 1 larger cake rather than 2 ramekins, it may take a little longer.
Per Serving: Calories 440; Total Fat 39.9g; Total Carbs 6g; Dietary Fiber 3.8g; Protein 14.2g;
If you like this recipe share it with your friends and (..of course..) pin it for later. 🙂