Best Low-Carb Keto Fathead Bagels
Bagels are a very popular breakfast or lunchtime option that is ready to grab and go.
You’ll love these soft and chewy Keto bagels! This easy low-carb bagel recipe is made with Fathead dough, which means it’s gluten-free and grain-free. Keto breakfast has never been more delicious.
You would never guess these amazing everything bagels are low-carb when made with mozzarella cheese, cream cheese, and almond flour.
Have bagels ready in minutes for your next breakfast or lunch.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
Low-Carb Keto Fathead Bagels Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup / 175g shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup / 100g blanched almond flour
- 1 egg, large, beaten
- 4 tbsp / 50g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- poppy / sesame seeds optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 °C / 360 °F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a nonstick silicone baking mat.
- Melt the mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave (1 1/2 minutes on high) or in a nonstick pan.
- In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients – almond flour, psyllium husk powder, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients plus the beaten egg to the mozzarella. Combine with a spatula, then knead with your hands until you have a smooth dough. Alternatively, mix in a stand mixer or food processor.
- Form a large ball and cut into 6 segments.
- Form each segment into a log, lay them down in a circle and pinch the ends together to make bagel shapes.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Serve fresh out of the oven, sliced in half and smeared with cream cheese. You can store leftovers (they are best fresh) in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge for up to a week or freeze them. They can be reheated in the microwave or lightly toasted.
If the dough is sticky, lightly oil your hands. It is easier to handle once it cools.
Calories: 245kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 21g | Sodium: 316mg | Fiber: 3g
Photo credit: liz west