Best Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Cake
This Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Cake is low carb, gluten-free, and sugar-free. Very moist and chocolatey cake layers with a creamy peanut butter frosting.
It’s a rich, delicious and so fun birthday cake that everybody will love – even the carb lovers!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Cake Recipe:
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup erythritol sweetener
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 4 oz. butter, melted
- 10 cherries (optional)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp chopped salted peanuts
- Position rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F (180°C).
- Combine almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder (sift to eliminate lumps), ground psyllium husk powder, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into another big bowl. Beat with an electric mixer for a couple of minutes until fluffy. Add cream cheese and melted butter. Continue beating until combined and smooth.
- Add flour mixture into the egg bowl and whisk for a couple of minutes until the cake batter is smooth.
- Grease two 7-inch (18 cm) cake pans – or make one at a time if you only have one pan. Pour half of the batter in each cake pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow cooling for at least 10 minutes in the pan before transferring to a rack to cool. Wrap layers with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator; cool completely, preferably overnight.
Peanut buttercream frosting
- Combine room temperature butter, cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl. Add sweetener (sift to eliminate lumps) and vanilla extract. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
Assemble the cake
- Place one layer with the flat side up on a plate or cake stand. Cover top with 1/4 of frosting with a spatula or knife. Place the second layer on top and spread the rest of the frosting on top and sides of the cake.
- Whip heavy whipping cream until stiff and decorate the top with piped rosettes. Put cherries on top – one for each piece of cake. Chop the peanuts and sprinkle them on top.
Note: It will stay fresh and moist in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 days. Put in the freezer to keep fresh up to 3 months.
Feel free to exchange the peanut butter for any other nut butter of your liking. Hazelnuts and chocolate is another winning combination.
Recipe by: Jill Wallentin
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! If you make a purchase through the link, it won’t cost you more but I may earn a small commission. I only recommend products that I personally use and love!
Did you make this Best Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Cake Recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lazy_girl_tips
Leave a comment, rate it, pin it, share it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lazy_girl_tips on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!