Keto Almond Cake – Swedish IKEA cake
This recipe for Keto Almond Cake is a copycat low-carb version of the Swedish Ikea Almondy cake (Mandeltårta) that you can get in their store.
It contains layers of almond cake, layered with a rich sweet cream, and covered with toasted sliced almonds, which gives the cake its beautiful look.
This beautiful crunchy Almond Cake is light, not too sweet, easy to make, gluten-free, and perfect for your ketogenic diet with a cup of tea or coffee.
The best part is that this cake uses only 5 ingredients and it comes together quite easily.
Such a simple-looking cake, but tasted surprisingly amazing!! Full of almond goodness.
It is also as good as IKEA’s. For the best taste, make this cake one or two days in advance before serving! You’re going to love it!
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
Full ingredients + instructions are on the recipe card at the end. Before you scroll or jump down, don’t miss the useful tips in the post!
Ingredients of Keto Almond Cake – Swedish Ikea Cake
- Almonds (ground and sliced almonds)
- Granulated sweetener
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract (optional)
How to make Keto Almond Cake – Swedish Ikea Cake
Here’s how to make this delicious low carb almond cake recipe:
• Toast the almonds on a pan – watch them closely and stir. The difference between golden to burnt in just a minute or two.
• Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
• Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt and gradually add the sugar. Use room-temperature eggs so they can whip up with more volume. Gradually fold ground almonds. If you don`t have ground almonds you can grind your own by blitzing whole almonds in a food processor. (Just be sure not to over-process or you’ll end up with almond nut butter instead). Divide the mixture evenly into two round 7″ pans lined with parchment paper and bake until golden in color. Let it cool.
• Make the egg yolks cream using a small saucepan and let it cool.
• Cream the butter. You want the butter to turn light and fluffy, but not beat so much that it starts to melt.
• Mix the egg yolks cream with the butter and add vanilla extract (optional). This adds flavor to the cream; use a good quality extract.
• Finish cake with almonds. Sprinkle the toasted almonds over the cake. Keep the cake in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
Did you try this Keto Almond Cake recipe? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lazy_girl_tips
Leave a comment, rate it, pin it, share it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lazy_girl_tips on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with.