Healthy Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice is my quick alternative to Fried Rice! Finding good rice alternatives is important on any low carb or keto diet. This Cauliflower Fried Rice is a flavorful low carb side dish that could really be enjoyed as a meal! It is my favorite low carb side dish when I’m craving Chinese take-out. If you’ve been Chinese food, this recipe is a must try! You are going to love this Easy Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe.
Let’s put it out there right now – we all miss take-out, especially Chinese food, and that’s okay. With this Cauliflower Fried Rice recipe, you can make your “take-out” exactly to your liking and enjoy a delicious meal after which you won’t feel any regret! One of the most popular dishes to order at a Chinese restaurant is fried rice, however, this recipe has a tasty low carb twist!
Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe:
Prep Time:20 minutes
Cook Time:10 minutes
Total Time:30 minutes
- 1 medium head (about 24 oz) cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil, I use this brand
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, I use this brand
- 2 egg whites
- 1 large egg
- pinch of salt
- cooking spray
- 1/2 small onion, diced fine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots (you can use any veggies you like)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 scallions, diced, whites and greens separated
- 3 tbsp soy sauce, or more to taste (Tamari for Gluten Free, Coconut Aminos for Paleo/Whole30)
- Remove the core and let the cauliflower dry completely.
- Coarsely chop into florets, then place half of the cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Combine egg and egg whites in a small bowl and beat with a fork. Season with salt.
- Heat a large saute pan or wok over medium heat and spray with oil.
- Add the eggs and cook, turning a few times until set; set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and saute onions, scallion whites, peas and carrots and garlic about 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft. Raise the heat to medium-high.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the saute pan along with soy sauce. Mix, cover and cook approximately 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower is slightly crispy on the outside but tender on the inside.
- Add the egg then remove from heat and mix in scallion greens. Garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 108 | Net Carbs: 7.75g | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 7.3g | Fat: 9.25g | Fiber: 4.25g
If you like this recipe share it with your friends and (..of course..) pin it for later. 🙂