How to make a homemade keto caramel sauce? Sweet and buttery, this keto caramel sauce is perfect for any dessert topping! This is the easiest and best homemade sugar-free low carb caramel sauce that is keto friendly. So quick and easy recipe and just like the real thing with zero carbs!
This caramel is so buttery, rich, and smooth. The flavor is only one thousand times better than store bought.
The deeper brown, the richer the flavor of the caramel. Careful, though, don’t let it get too brown, it’ll taste a little burned.
Keto Caramel Sauce Recipe:
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Calories: 91 kcal
- 1/3 cup Butter (salted)
- 3 tbsp Sukrin Gold (or any other granulated sweetener for gluten-free)
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- pinch of salt (*if you want salted caramel sauce)
- Melt the butter and Sukrin Gold together in a medium-large saucepan over low heat. Once melted, cook for about 3-4 more minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. (Watch it carefully to avoid burning.)
- Add the cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 7-10 minutes, continuing to stir occasionally, until the mixture is a caramel color and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. (If you have a small saucepan, or if you increase the recipe, this can take a lot longer. For example, tripling the recipe can take over 30 minutes at this step.)
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Allow the caramel to cool in the saucepan until it is about room temperature. Then pour into a squeeze bottle or a jar.
Note: You can store this low carb caramel sauce in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It will solidify in the fridge, so you’ll want to reheat it before serving. The best way to do this is on the stove over low heat, stirring frequently. It’s important that the temperature rises gradually when you reheat the sugar-free caramel sauce. Otherwise, you run the risk of “shocking” it, leading to separation of the oils.
Serving size – 1 tbsp: Calories 91; Fat 9g; Protein 0g; Total Carbs 0g; Net Carbs 0g; Fiber 0g; Sugar 0g;
If you like this recipe share it with your friends and (..of course..) pin it for later. 🙂