These keto strawberry cupcakes are made from scratch with strawberry filling and topped with creamy strawberry buttercream. They are incredibly soft and fluffy and full of fresh fruit flavor. This is a quick and easy ketogenic diet dessert recipe, completely keto friendly and gluten-free dessert.
These strawberry cupcakes are super soft, fluffy and moist. The taste is buttery with bursts of strawberries and a soft scent of vanilla. The frosting is creamy-smooth with more strawberry flavor and a lovely pink color.
Best Keto Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
and easy ketogenic diet recipe, completely keto friendly, low carb, and gluten-free dessert.
- 1½ cups almond flour, I use this brand
- ¼ cup whey unsweetened protein, I use this brand
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1½ tsps baking powder, I use this brand
- 4 tbsp butter (room temperature), coconut oil or Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Butter Flavor
- ½ cup + 3 tsps granular sweetener, I use this brand
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 1½ tbsp vanilla extract, I use this brand
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk, I use this brand room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with cupcake liners - set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, protein
powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, mix together softened butter and granular sweetener until creamy. On medium speed add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Add almond milk and mix until
combined. Remove mixer bowl and stir a few times with a spatula.
- Pour the batter evenly into each cupcake liner. Place in the oven, and bake
the cupcakes for 17-19 minutes. A toothpick inserted in the middle should
come out mostly clean; you do not want it to come out completely dry.
- Let cake cool in pan for at least 5-10 minutes. Gently remove cupcakes from
pan and place on cooling rack.
For Strawberry Filling:
- Combine strawberries, confectioner's sweetener, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat; cook and stir until raspberries break down, sweetener dissolves, and sauce is heated through around 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and press sauce through a fine-mesh strainer to remove seeds.
- Place back on stove top at medium- low heat and add xantham gum, whisking quickly to thicken (1-2 minutes)- remove from stove top and set aside to let continue to thicken and come to room temperature.
For Strawberry Frosting:
- Mix cream cheese until it's fluffy.
- Add butter and mix well.
- Add in frozen strawberries. Mix well. The strawberries will break up into small particles.
- Add in strawberry puree.
- Slowly add in confectioner's sugar until you get the consistency you want.
- Take individual cupcake and with a small spoon or knife, make a hole about a ½ of an inch long and wide - can make the hole as big as you want- just want to make sure the strawberry filling isn’t leaking out of the bottom or side of the cooled cupcake.
- Place strawberry filling in hole, and then cover top of cupcake with frosting. If you want you can also garnish your cupcakes with a raspberry and lemon zest if you are feeling wild and crazy. Eat immediately or within three days.
Note: If you do not want to make from scratch you can use Swerve Sweets Vanilla Cake Mix for your cupcake batter.
Per Serving (1 cupcake): Calories 400; Total Fat 35g; Total Saturated Fat 18g; Sodium 170mg; Dietary Fiber 6g; Protein 9g; Net Carbs: 5g
If you like this recipe share it with your friends and (..of course..) pin it for later. 🙂