Healthy Homemade Keto Mayonnaise
This Homemade Keto Mayonnaise is creamy, zesty, full of flavor and easy to make. The combination of eggs, dijon mustard, and lemon juice is not a flavor force to be reckoned with.
There are certain items you’ll find in any self-respecting keto-er’s pantry; one of which is mayonnaise. Mayonnaise is a favorite for its tangy flavor and creamy consistency.
Not only does Homemade Keto Mayonnaise help boost the fat content of your meal, but it can improve the flavor of even the blandest recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases for my referral at no extra cost to you! See Disclosure
Store-bought mayonnaise can be expensive and filled with harsh vegetables, or soy. That’s why making homemade keto mayonnaise is well worth the effort. Its cheaper, healthier and contains zero nasty ingredients.
Fresh. Inexpensive. Quick. Delicious. Not to mention additive-free. Schmear it on just about anything to maximize life’s simple pleasures!
To make home-made Keto mayonnaise, you can use a hand whisk (requires skills and time), electric mixer or immersion blender (the best way if you have the right tools). Recently I also came across an ingenious way of making mayo in a food processor.
Homemade Keto Mayonnaise Recipe:
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon Mustard
- 7 ounces of Macadamia Oil
- 20 ounces of Light Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ teaspoon of Salt
- ¼ teaspoon of Pepper
- 1 Lemon Juice From Whole Lemon
- Place the egg yolk and Dijon mustard into your food processor and blend on medium speed for 3 minutes. Whisk together until combined.
- Place the oils into a measuring jug and slowly pour into the food processor while it is running. If you pour the oil too quickly you run the risk of splitting the mayonnaise. I cannot stress how slowly you have to pour this oil in, otherwise, the emulsion won’t work.
- Once the mixture starts to form a slightly stiffer consistency, you can add the oil in more rapidly without any concern.
- Mix in the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. This will give the mayonnaise a lighter color and make it taste just like real mayonnaise.
Serving: 20g | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 0.1g | Protein: 0.3g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 23mg | Potassium: 5mg | Fiber: 0.02g | Sugar: 0.04g | Vitamin A: 0.2% | Calcium: 0.1% | Iron: 1%
Photo credit: jules (Flickr)