That’s right… LOW CARB Keto grilled cheese wrapped in bacon. Just when you think you’ve seen it all, this Low Carb Keto Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese puts a crazy good spin on one of our all-time favorites and it is insanely good.
You know me, I love easy recipes and this mind-blowing Keto Grilled Cheese is super easy and very delicious, and it is made with 90-seconds Keto bread. I challenge you to try it, and I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
This keto bacon-wrapped grilled cheese sandwich is amazing. It is perfectly crispy and wonderfully cheesy. It smells amazing as you cook it in butter.
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Eggs (a healthy ingredient)
- Almond or Coconut flour (another healthy ingredient)
- Baking powder
- Sharp cheddar or mozzarella cheese, optional
I make this sandwich using almond flour 90-second keto bread. It’s an easy recipe! The detailed instructions are included in the recipe card below.
Isn’t this sandwich super high in calories?
I realize that this keto grilled cheese sandwich is very high in calories. But this is a BIG sandwich. HUGE. And very very satiating.
I don’t know if you worry at all about calories on a keto diet. But in case you do, I typically have half of this sandwich for lunch, with a side of green salad.
Very reasonable, at least for me (I typically eat around 2200 daily calories). It’s up to you to decide if you can fit this into your own diet.
Low Carb Keto Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese
For 90 second bread:
- 8 slices of bacon
- 2 slices of cheese (mozzarella or cheddar cheese), or to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- First, make the 90-second keto bread.
- Melt butter in a bowl.
- Add the almond or coconut flour, egg, baking powder, seasonings and then whisk
- Dump into the sandwich container (or bowl/mug works). You can do it in a mug for an English muffin or in a square container for "bread shape". sandwich container (or bowl/mug
works). You can do it in a mug for an English muffin or in a square
container for "bread shape".
- Cook in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Take out of the microwave and let cool 20 seconds.
- Cut bread in half and fill with cheese/meat (if too thin, make 2 slices of bread).
Do not butter them – although you could if you wish.
- Place cheese in the middle of the bread well spread apart.
- Lay down strips of bacon (it took me 4 strips) slightly overlapping each other to
completely cover the width of the sandwich.
- Bring up the sides of the bacon lifting it over and letting it overlap the top of the sandwich.
- Lay down another 4 strips in the opposite direction to the first strips, carefully
turn the sandwich over onto the new strip layer so that the sides stay tucked
under and again lift over to fully seal the sandwich.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in a skillet and cook on each side until crisp. Yummy!
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!
Did you make this Low Carb Keto Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese? Tag me on Instagram so I can see! @lazy_girl_tips Leave a comment, rate it, pin it, share it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #lazy_girl_tips on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!