This keto mug cake recipe is truly one of the best recipes for keto. A single serving cinnamon roll mug cake that cooks in the microwave. It is also paleo, gluten free and wheat free. It’s so easy & perfect for when those sweet cravings hit & you NEED dessert.
It is so easy to make. It literally takes a minute or two to form and about fifty seconds to cook.
This quick and easy low carb cinnamon roll mug cake is light, fluffy, and slightly moist on the inside! It’s loaded with protein and fiber, making it the perfect low carb snack or healthy dessert to satisfy the sweet tooth. It also takes less than a minute to whip up! It has the taste and texture of a classic cinnamon roll minus the usual suspects- There is NO butter, oil, grains or sugar in the entire recipe, but you’d never be able to tell!
Depending on which protein powder option you choose, this recipe is naturally gluten-free, ketogenic, paleo, vegan, dairy-free and completely sugar-free! Oh, and those without a microwave, there’s a tested oven option!
If you have a favorite paleo icing, feel free to use it on this cake.
You can make an icing using coconut cream and maple syrup, heating it until it becomes thick and syrupy.
You can also top this with condensed coconut milk.
Keto Cinnamon Roll Mug Cake Recipe:
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (32-34 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk or other milk + 1-2 tablespoons more, as needed
- 1 large egg OR 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp granulated sweetener of choice (adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Spray a microwavable mug with cooking spray and Add the egg/whites and mix into the dry mixture. Add the milk of choice and vanilla extract- If a batter is too crumbly, continue adding milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed. granulated sweetener of choice and extra cinnamon and swirl over the top. Microwave for 60 seconds, or until just cooked in the center. Top with glaze and enjoy!
- Add 1-2 tablespoons more milk, if needed for desired consistency. You want the batter to stay thick, but not dry.
- In a small bowl, whisk together granulated sweetener and cinnamon and sprinkle over the top of the mixture in mug. Use the tip of a knife to swirl cinnamon mix into the top of the batter.
- Microwave on high for about 1 minute and 25 seconds. Take out of the microwave and if desired transfer muffin to a plate. Enjoy!